Advance’s Corporate Marketing team is a strategic and dynamic team helping to drive Advance’s transformation by establishing the Advance brand as the premier customer-focused omnichannel auto parts retailer. The team will achieve this by bringing together innovative thinking and forward-looking programs in the areas of Advertising, Media, Social Media, Content Marketing, and Customer Insights in support of Advance Auto Parts and its portfolio of brands (to include DieHard, Advance Professional, CarQuest, Technet, WorldPAC, AutoParts International, among others).
The Social Media Specialist will drive brand awareness, relevance, affinity and, ultimately, omnichannel traffic for the Advance brand via the creation and deployment of motorist-first content and social media strategies. They will assist the team in the creation, execution, and administration of social media programming in service to the annual editorial calendar.
This position reports to the Social Media Manager and is based in Advance Auto Parts’ Raleigh, NC headquarters. Remote opportunities are available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing post scheduling.
• Monitoring and reporting on weekly and monthly analytics.
• Utilizing data analytics to provide actionable insights and recommendations.
• Monitoring comments and post engagement.
• Monitoring social, cultural and brand trends via social listening.
• Aiding in the development of campaigns to support brand priorities.
• Assisting in the development of copy and visual assets.
• Providing recommendations on social content and content trends.
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams (e.g. Social Media, Content, Media & Advertising, Sponsorships & Activations, Hispanic Marketing, Customer Research, Merchandising) develop new ideas and executions to support sponsorships, products and vendors.
• Aiding in channel strategy development.
• Establishing best practices in community development and management by engaging with followers and fans.
The ideal candidate has experience directly running and managing owned social channels, delivering social media campaigns across multiple platforms, and a deep understanding of community management. A successful candidate will have:
• 3+ years social media experience, including scheduling and calendar management, copywriting, and publishing
• Hands-on experience of building communities on social
• Experience with all aspects of social media including channels, platforms, content, analytics, tools and creative
• Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, with ability to write concisely across platforms
• An ability to keep track of multiple projects simultaneously and ensure deadlines are met
• Meticulous attention to detail
• An excitement to take on small projects to execute from start to finish
• An eagerness to brainstorm and work on new social concepts
• The confidence and ability to provide recommendations on social content and content trends.
• The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. Social Media, Content, Media & Advertising, Sponsorships & Activations, Hispanic Marketing, Customer Research, Merchandising) develop new ideas and executions to support sponsorships, products and vendors.
• Experience in aiding in channel strategy development.
The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in English, business, marketing, or a related field (e.g. communications, journalism.) Passion for social media is a must. 3+ years of prior experience in and/or knowledge of corporate social media programming. Experience and/or interest in the automotive market is a plus