****Jumbo Experienced Underwriters only - HUGE opportunity****
Caliber Home Loans has industry leading salary, bonus, benefits and a culture that is the most underwriter centric of all competitors. See why many of our Underwriters make well over 20k monthly, yet still have* amazing work life* balance and a super positive atmosphere to work within. Our UW longevity is the highest, and turnover is the lowest for two simple reasons-How we pay our people and how we treat our people. If you want more job enjoyment, while earning more for your hard work, let us share what makes Caliber so different!
The Underwriter is responsible for reviewing all loan applications for compliance with underwriting, investor, government, and FNMA/FHLMC guidelines.
• Reviews/analyzes loan files submitted for borrowers to ensure file meets loan program requirements. Includes individual analysis of:
• Loan application
• Credit profile/report(s)
• Debt and assets
• Income/financial statements
• Loan values/loan-to-value ratios
• Appraisal reports
• Collateral and supporting documentation
• Identifies/calculates loan risk of loss.
• Conditions files for missing/supporting documentation.
• Revisits loans to review and clear conditions.
• Approves, counters or denies loan file.
• Escalates fraud files to Credit Manager/Risk Management team.
• Respond within SLA to all loan specific audits/findings.
• This position is considered a non-loan originator position, this means participants may not engage in activities of a loan originator, including: communicating directly with borrowers about credit qualification or loan terms, including pricing concessions or other transaction-specific terms or conditions.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; 4-year college degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of residential mortgage underwriting experience.
• Experience working with Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan Prospector.
• Knowledge of FHA, FNMA and FHLMC policies and guidelines.
• Knowledge of mortgage loan processing, compliance, investor products and underwriting guidelines.
• Knowledge of mortgage insurance (MI) guidelines.
• Working knowledge of various fraud tools.
Benefits and perks will WOW you!
Our benefits package includes: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k),10 employer paid holidays, as well as numerous employee discount programs.
We are proud to be a military friendly employer, and provide paid leave during military assignments for employees who serve in the Guard or Reserve.