***While the preference is to fill this position in our Greenville, SC office, it can be filled remotely anywhere within the country.***
About the Role:
The Network Operations Center’s (NOC) mission is to provide world class network support while professionally and respectfully collaborating with vendors, carriers, internal employees, and customers. The core mission of the Voice Network Operations Center (VNOC) is to provide hardware, software,trunking, SS7, and IP routing fault management and technical support for the Windstream Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) network. This support includes network alarm surveillance, hardware maintenance, software loading and support, logical security administration, and technical support.
VNOC’s most critical mission is to prevent voice service outages or minimize the impact to customers of ongoing outages.
What You'll Do:
In addition to the monitoring, preventative maintenance, outage recovery and upgrade responsibilities of all VNOC analysts, the VNOC Network Analyst III (NA III) is an escalation point and mentor for NA I and NA II personnel. The NA III provides one-on-one mentoring to VNOC NAII and teaches classes on assigned devices to both VNOC and other departments, as specified by VNOC management. The NA III performs the following detailed functions:
Provides escalation support to NA I and NA II for issues that are not resolved through documented procedures so that network monitoring and responses can be effectively managed by NA I and NA II
Produces technical documentation to allow NA I and NA II to continually improve Mean Time to Resolution (MTTR) for all issues within VNOC’s span of control
Identify patterns of repetitive failures on a device/network element/call agent or network level and execute permanent fixes to improve the organization’s overall efficiency
Perform remote preventative maintenance and “proactive” procedures to reduce the probability of outages and decrease the number of alarms received in Netcool
Recognizes and correctly responds to failures in Windstream’s billing infrastructure (including documenting fixes so that all analysts have access to an increasingly comprehensive library of fixes)
Provide support to customer-facing repair organizations as defined by existing process documents
Provides on-call support for assigned Voice Technology platform as scheduled by VNOC management
Performs off-hours maintenance window emergency procedures, upgrades, system backups, and reconfigurations as specified in MOPs for the assigned switching technology platform
Generates “break/fix” MOPs to fix and resolve service impacting troubles
Administer functions in the device or call agent that require restricted access for security
Models leadership for NA II team members by exemplifying accountability and respect for superiors, peers, and subordinates
Demonstrates familiarity and compliance with NOC and VNOC standards, policies, and processes
Utilizes and teaches all vendor-provided and VNOC-provided tools and applications for the assigned devices
Other duties as assigned by VNOC management
Do You Have?
- Proficiency in the use of Windows-based computers and Microsoft applications used by VNOC
- Expert level command of the solution’s hardware architecture at all release levels owned by Windstream
- Proficiency with the assigned device’s data structure, hardware inventory tables, translations, and commonly troublesome features
- Proficiency with the assigned device’s vendor documentation, including interconnect schematics, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures, office drawings, engineering, and provisioning rules, and significant bulletins
- Proficiency with all vendor-provided interfaces such as Graphical User Interfaces (GUI), Command Line Interfaces (CLI), debugging tools, and non-menu applications and utilities
- Familiarity with all protocols used in the solution
- Demonstrates a history of positive customer interactions, and successful mentoring relationships
- Demonstrates a history of leadership and initiating actions that contribute to the success of individual teammates and the team in general
- Ability to provide support during normal business hours, after business hours and on holidays
- Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical experience with 5 years directly related to the job and 4 years of digital experience. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.
- Experience with class 5 VoIP switches such as Genband, Sonus, Meta technology platforms
- Proficiency working with the Perimeta and Acme SBCs, BroadSoft VoIP servers, and Nortel CS-15K
- Good understanding and knowledge of Cisco Voice Edge routers, switches, Junipers, Internetworking, Software Defined Networks, WAN, LAN, VLAN, Gig Ethernet circuits, Linux. Proficiency in SIP trunking, VoIP technology, and others
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Network Analyst III-NOC
Windstream Holdings, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical experience with 5 years directly related to the job and 4 years of digital experience. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.
Job Category: Engineering
Locations: US-South Carolina-Greenville
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.