Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH currently has an opportunity for Ensure Design and TN Outpatient, Director
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Marketing Director leads and directs all strategy for the Ensure and TN Outpatient organization. The Marketing Director will develop brand objectives, strategies, and tactical to deliver the business’ financial commitments to the organization. They will assess, determine, and prioritize potential market growth opportunities and new product innovation planning, development, and implementation. This person will have responsibility for over $70MM in marketing spend with expectations of continued short-term improvement in ROI and long-term increases in trial and retention of consumers/patients.
This person is the focal point for the business unit in terms of product and market knowledge, planning/execution, and achievement of business objectives. They are responsible for coordinating and aligning all activities with the Senior Leadership Team and cross-functional partners, including Sales, Shopper, Finance, Supply Chain, HR, and R&D. Ensure that the brand teams operate in a legal and ethical manger and that product and services are marketed in accordance with compliance requirements. Creates a learning environment with a focus on employee development.
This person will lead team of 8 direct and indirect reports.
- Lead the short and long-term strategy, claims, and tactical evolution of the Ensure brand across all channels (Consumer, HCP, Shopper), to lead brand on path to $1B.
- Lead the go-to-market strategy and activation plans for Ensure Innovation, including insight development, campaign development, channel planning, and tactical execution plans.
- Responsible for driving effectiveness and ROI improvements of 8-15% annually, on $60MM in Media Spend, through message/claims enhancements, tactical mix improvements, finding efficiencies and lower cost models, and execution improvements.
- Evolve the media mix to a more digital driven model, reducing reliance of TV, with a glidepath to reducing TV spend progressively over the next three years.
- Lead the 1–3-year plan on acceleration of Ensure Max Protein, expanding consumer targets, new/enhanced claims, product upgrades, media enhancements to grow share of the 30g Protein Market and deliver 25%+ growth annually.
- Partner with Ensure Delivery team to adjust spend plans with agility to product lines with capacity available.
- Partner with Innovation and R&D to set the innovation and claims strategy
- Focus on talent growth and development to build team capabilities, increase engagement, recruit top talent, and develop robust career paths for all team members.
- Lead the strategic and tactical plans across all of Outpatient HCP targets (Primary Care, Oncology, Bariatric, Wound) for the Therapeutic Nutrition Portfolio (Ensure, Glucerna, Juven and Harvest).
- Lead the evaluation and size of prize assessment of the 2–3-year evolution of the Outpatient go-to-market strategy inclusive of highest opportunity targets, business model evolution, FSF priorities and HCP Direct Marketing.
- Optimize $12MM of spend across FSF, Direct Marketing and Gratis, to deliver 5-10% ROI improvements annually and increase new patient starts.
- Collaborate with HCP Sales organization on continuous improvements in FSF priorities, bonus, direction, materials, etc. to drive performance improvement, talent retention, and engagement.
- Collaborate with the Juven team to identify and activate against new growth opportunities and accelerate performance.
- Desire and ability to lead the organization to ensure goals achievement w/ a positive attitude
- Track record of effective brand management, including demonstrated strategic thinking and effective collaboration with cross-functional partners
- 10+ years of progressive career development in Marketing, Sales, Business Operations and/or Communications
- Proven ability to lead, motive and develop teams, inclusive of direct reports and cross-functionals
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation/communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to develop, rationalize, and present strategy.
- Strong ability to work with Sales Organization and influence internally and directly with customers.
- Strong skillset in digital and e-Commerce.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with working knowledge of financial models.
- Performance will be monitored versus the annual marketing plan, and execution against the action items and financial objectives.
- Must ensure compliance with the Quality System, and all Ethics/Compliance guidelines.
- Must work within budget guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- BS / BA in Marketing, Management, or Business required. MBA preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Ensure Design and TN Outpatient, Director
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Ensure Design and TN Outpatient, Director, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Ensure Design and TN Outpatient, Director and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.